You should know that Hogwarts, the magical world, and most of the Characters are based on the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. We don't own them, so don't sue us.
'Imagine that Voldemort's powerful now. You don't know who his supporters are, you don't know who's working for him and who isn't; you know he can control people so that they do terrible things without being able to stop themselves. You're scared for yourself, and your family, and your friends. Every week, news comes of more deaths, more disappearances, more torturing... the Ministry of Magic's in disarray, they don't know what to do, they're trying to keep everything hidden from the muggles, but meanwhile, Muggles are dying too. Terror everywhere... panic... confusion... that's how it used to be.' - Sirius Black, GoF, P. 457
What? Another Harry Potter Role Playing Community.
When? Started 1975 (the start of the Marauders' 5th year at Hogwarts) and we continued from there. Right now we're at the end of their 7th year at Hogwarts, aka 1978. The OotP will be formed soon.
Where? Why, Hogwarts School of Magic and Wizardry of course! Soon to be all the wizarding places beyond too - Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, MoM buildings, etc.
How? These journals are a project that Dumbledore established to build friendship between the houses. The students post in it as their journal, and other students can comment on the entry since it's public. Private things that other characters aren't supposed to see should be between [Private] and [/Private], or under a cut-tag. Role Plays themselves take place either on AIM or in the action community, and are preferably written in past tense.
1) Update/rp at least once every two weeks, except if you have a good reason and you told us in advance. Just so you know, the roleplaying itself is more important than the characters' personal journal entries, although we encourage both.
2) Use correct grammar and spelling, proper English IC. DoN't TyPe LyKe DiS. But please no net-speak like 'lol' or 'u'.
3) Be polite and respect all other members, both OOC and while playing. If someone replies to your post, be nice and play, and don't take too long to finish it. It's impolite to keep other players waiting.
4) Use your character journal ONLY for this RPG.
5) Slash isn't initally allowed in this RPG.
6) NC-17 roleplay is allowed, although a warning about it should be mentioned in the lj-cut. All we ask is that it's not excessive (ie. in every post) otherwise anything goes.
7) Your character should be based on the books and stick to any established charactisation. We openly allow OC's.
8) Major plots must be approved by the Mod and/or Ass. Mods first.
9) Power Playing, twinking, and Mary Sues aren't allowed in this community. (To read more about it click here.)
Want to Join?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following stuff:
Your name: Your AIM screen name: E-mail: If you took a part in past RPG's, please name them:
Character's Name/Age/House/Year: Character's personality: Character's appearance: Character's history: A sample of a journal entry: A sample of an action post. For an example see mwpp_action: Character Played By. For taken list, see here:
If you have any questions or comments or just want to talk, send an email to email@example.com, or feel free to poke one of the mods: